Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Health Issue

I have a health issue; I see my doctor.  She examines me and explains options to take care of my health.  I discuss the options with family and trusted friends.  I make a decision of which option to follow, whether it's medication or procedure.  If needed, I arrive back at the health center, follow the option and go home to heal.  This is the United States.  This is what we do, day after day after day.

Not so fast.  That process isn't so easy for me.  You see, I'm a woman.  Strangers think they can tell me what to do with my own health.  If I choose not to listen to them, they stand outside my health center, hold up bloody signs, yell at me.  Some strangers even kill over my health decision.  They kill my doctor; they kill other strangers.  Yell, intimidate, kill.

My Planned Parenthood Health Center is still here.  It's not going anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment